Company: The Sirius Group
Services: Demolition, remediation, drilling and civil engineering contractors. Planning, geotechnical and environmental consultants. Renewable Energy.
Location: Principal offices in Durham, Leeds and Warrington with project sites across the UK.
Placement: Civil Engineering/Site Remediation
Duration: 12 months
Start date: July 2022
About The Sirius Group
Established in 2003, The Sirius Group are a northern-based remediation and civil engineering company with over 260 employees. We are an enabling works specialist, delivering design and build solutions to sites with complex ground conditions.
Sirius provide demolition, remediation, ground stabilisation and civil engineering services to the construction industry. Delivery is often combined with our own planning and geotechnical consultancy expertise. We operate nationally, but mainly from offices in Durham, Leeds and Warrington.
We have a highly stable, repeat business client base (particularly in the residential and commercial development sectors). Our unique combination of services provides confidence to build on some of the most complex and challenging brownfield or greenfield sites.
What could your placement include?
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in civil engineering and site remediation. Working as an Assistant Engineer you will have the opportunity to work alongside graduates and senior members in the business who can support you with your development through your placement year.
In this role you may have the following responsibilities:
• Assist with monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the contract documents (drawings, Bill of Quantities, strategy, specifications etc).
• Assist the Site Manager with monitoring progress of the works against the programme.
• Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
• Undertake in-situ and ex-situ tests, sampling, monitoring and associated topographic survey work, ensuring that the aims and objectives of
the project are achieved.
• Take records and as-constructed drawings.
• Help to identify faulty materials and workmanship.
• Support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards throughout the project
• Develop an understanding of relevant Standards and Specifications.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with the design team, site team, support services and the supply chain to ensure a successful project.
• Placements will be both site and office-based but we will discuss with you your preferences and the most suitable placement for your degree.
Who should apply?
We are seeking applications from current students who have opted to complete a year in industry.
• You must be studying a full-time degree relevant to Civil Engineering, preferably with an interest in geotechnics and be eligible to work in the UK.
• You must be comfortable working on-site, in a fast-paced environment, have a strong attention to detail, enjoy the challenge of delivering under pressure and working collaboratively within a team.
• You should have clean driving licence.
How to apply?
For further information please email:
Whatever stage you’re at, Sirius Group can help!
Send us a quick enquiry or call a local office, offices listed below.How can we help?